Grievances with God

"How could you possibly expect any of us to stray into the path of self-destruction you consistently describe? The Word is Law."

Are you saying that you live a monk like existence and that you hate money?
Lolwat None of that is in my post nor The Holy Bible. hahaha!

Ignoring what I say is forgivable. Not reading at least two chapters of the Holy Bible is on you, @planet2146. Although I know of the "metaphysical" things you mentioned, I will not engage in that language because even your turmoil proves it is corrupted and obviously futile. Our answer is in The Word of God. (Acts 17:11).

"Then you know that bearing false witness to everyone reading this, and blaspheming Holy God makes things worse for you. Good! We only expect people to be authentic, genuine, honest."

What do you mean bearing false witness? This my testimony. I really don't know what I'm dealing with but I told it to bother someone else who really needs its guidance.
You come to Christians for answers, and we will always tell you plainly to pray to Jesus and expect His response. (James 1:5-6)

You @planet2146 have no power of your own over the evil entities trying to lead you away from Jesus. We pray to Christ Almighty for your deliverance, and you must too.
 
Lolwat None of that is in my post nor The Holy Bible. hahaha!

Ignoring what I say is forgivable. Not reading at least two chapters of the Holy Bible is on you, @planet2146. Although I know of the "metaphysical" things you mentioned, I will not engage in that language because even your turmoil proves it is corrupted and obviously futile. Our answer is in The Word of God. (Acts 17:11).


You come to Christians for answers, and we will always tell you plainly to pray to Jesus and expect His response. (James 1:5-6)

You @planet2146 have no power of your own over the evil entities trying to lead you away from Jesus. We pray to Christ Almighty for your deliverance, and you must too.
"You @planet2146 have no power of your own over the evil entities trying to lead you away from Jesus. We pray to Christ Almighty for your deliverance, and you must too."

Seems more like a power trip.
 
I understand you are trying to make sense of some very unusual experiences.

A few points:

• Being a Christian does not mean living a monk-like existence or being sinless. Christians still struggle with sin. Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ, not by achieving a certain level of holiness.

• Money itself is not sinful. Scripture says the love of money is a problem. A Christian can have money and possessions while still putting God first.

• I don't doubt that you have experienced things that you genuinely cannot explain. But I would be careful about concluding that whatever is behind those experiences is necessarily God. Scripture tells us to test the spirits.

• The Bible is actually very relevant to what you are describing. God can allow suffering while still placing boundaries on what Satan and evil can do. Job is an obvious example.

• I am not questioning whether you have suffered. I questioned your claim of having been a Christian.

I'm happy to discuss what you have experienced without assuming you're crazy or trolling. I just think we should test those experiences against Scripture and give God a fair hearing. Many, and I mean many, do not. God is a righteous Judge and He is not afraid of our honest examination.

• Isaiah 1:18 — “Let us reason together.”
• Isaiah 5:3–4 — God asks us to judge His dealings.
• Genesis 18:25 — “Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
• Ezekiel 18:25 — God invites His fairness to be examined.
• Malachi 3:10 — “Prove me now herewith.”
• Psalm 34:8 — “O taste and see that the LORD is good.”
• Psalm 66:5 — “Come and see the works of God.”
• Psalm 46:10 — “Know that I am God.”
• John 7:17 — “He shall know of the doctrine.”
• John 10:37–38 — Jesus points to His works as evidence.
• John 14:11 — “Believe me for the very works' sake.”
• John 20:27 — Jesus tells Thomas to examine the evidence.
• Acts 17:11 — The Bereans searched Scripture to test what Paul taught.
• 1 Thessalonians 5:21 — “Prove all things.”
• 1 John 4:1 — “Try the spirits whether they are of God.”
• 2 Corinthians 13:5 — “Examine yourselves.”
• Romans 12:2 — “Prove what is that good...will of God.”
• Ephesians 5:10 — “Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”

"• I don't doubt that you have experienced things that you genuinely cannot explain. But I would be careful about concluding that whatever is behind those experiences is necessarily God. Scripture tells us to test the spirits."

In your opinion, let say it is not god. do you think "spirits" can cause two people's life to intersect? Cause profound coincidences? Somehow share the same powers of god?
 
"• I don't doubt that you have experienced things that you genuinely cannot explain. But I would be careful about concluding that whatever is behind those experiences is necessarily God. Scripture tells us to test the spirits."

In your opinion, let say it is not god. do you think "spirits" can cause two people's life to intersect? Cause profound coincidences? Somehow share the same powers of god?

I recently watched the conversion story of an ex-Buddhist. He explained that he once saw a fire seemingly appear out of nowhere and envelop the Buddha statue while he was worshipping. He took that experience as evidence that Buddha was real, and it influenced both him and his family to believe in Buddhism.

Supernatural experiences alone are not enough to prove that something is from God. Scripture warns that demons and false prophets can perform signs and wonders, and that people can be deceived by them (Deuteronomy 13:1–3; Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9–10).

We see something similar in the account of Moses and Pharaoh. The Egyptian magicians (Jannes and Jambres 2 Tim 3:8) did not merely perform obvious sleight-of-hand tricks. Scripture says they performed supernatural acts through their “enchantments” and “secret arts.” They turned their staffs into serpents, turned water into blood, and brought frogs onto the land of Egypt (Exodus 7:11–12, 22; 8:7).

A supernatural experience or miracle does not automatically prove that the source is God. We are told to test such things against God's revealed truth (1 John 4:1; Deuteronomy 13:1–3).

-------------------

Personally, I know of a Christian couple who are now divorced. When they were going for counselling, the wife had to go to her mother to help her care for her mother’s sick boyfriend. While she was there, she met a single and attractive neighbour who also helped. His friendliness overwhelmed her, and she cheated during the counselling, leading to a separation and eventual divorce. A broken home and family with two children.

Did God place that guy there, did the devil, or did neither? All three are possible. God can perform miracles, demons can perform supernatural signs that influence and affect people, and there is true free will.
 
There is just no telling. I think everything is a test, I think as humans we are innately gullible and god finds this amusing. I think he watches our every move, every impulse and that is our purpose in life. Entertainment at our expense.
 
I recently watched the conversion story of an ex-Buddhist. He explained that he once saw a fire seemingly appear out of nowhere and envelop the Buddha statue while he was worshipping. He took that experience as evidence that Buddha was real, and it influenced both him and his family to believe in Buddhism.

Supernatural experiences alone are not enough to prove that something is from God. Scripture warns that demons and false prophets can perform signs and wonders, and that people can be deceived by them (Deuteronomy 13:1–3; Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9–10).

We see something similar in the account of Moses and Pharaoh. The Egyptian magicians (Jannes and Jambres 2 Tim 3:8) did not merely perform obvious sleight-of-hand tricks. Scripture says they performed supernatural acts through their “enchantments” and “secret arts.” They turned their staffs into serpents, turned water into blood, and brought frogs onto the land of Egypt (Exodus 7:11–12, 22; 8:7).

A supernatural experience or miracle does not automatically prove that the source is God. We are told to test such things against God's revealed truth (1 John 4:1; Deuteronomy 13:1–3).

-------------------

Personally, I know of a Christian couple who are now divorced. When they were going for counselling, the wife had to go to her mother to help her care for her mother’s sick boyfriend. While she was there, she met a single and attractive neighbour who also helped. His friendliness overwhelmed her, and she cheated during the counselling, leading to a separation and eventual divorce. A broken home and family with two children.

Did God place that guy there, did the devil, or did neither? All three are possible. God can perform miracles, demons can perform supernatural signs that influence and affect people, and there is true free will.
There is just no telling. I think everything is a test, I think as humans we are innately gullible and god finds this amusing. I think he watches our every move, every impulse and that is our purpose in life. Entertainment at our expense.
 
There is just no telling. I think everything is a test, I think as humans we are innately gullible and god finds this amusing. I think he watches our every move, every impulse and that is our purpose in life. Entertainment at our expense.

You consistently assume the worst of God. Prophets and apostles who knew Him far better than you or I said, “God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:5), and “The LORD is righteous in all His ways” (Psalm 145:17).

Between a lack of discernment on our part and the conclusion that God has an evil and sadistic side to Him, I choose the first every time.

• Deuteronomy 32:4 — “He is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are just.”
• Psalm 7:11 — “God is a righteous judge.”
• Psalm 11:7 — “For the LORD is righteous, He loves righteousness.”
• Psalm 18:30 — “As for God, His way is perfect.”
• Psalm 19:7 — “The law of the LORD is perfect.”
• Psalm 25:8 — “Good and upright is the LORD.”
• Psalm 33:5 — “He loves righteousness and justice.”
• Psalm 34:8 — “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good.”
• Psalm 92:15 — “The LORD is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.”
• Psalm 100:5 — “For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting.”
• Psalm 119:68 — “You are good, and do good.”
• Psalm 145:9 — “The LORD is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.”
• Isaiah 45:21 — “There is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Saviour.”
• Zephaniah 3:5 — “The just LORD is in the midst thereof; He will not do iniquity.”
• Romans 2:11 — “For there is no partiality with God.”
• Romans 3:26 — God is “just, and the justifier of him which believes in Jesus.”
• James 1:17 — “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.”
• 1 Peter 1:15–16 — “As He which has called you is holy, so be holy.”
• 1 John 4:8 — “God is love.”
• Revelation 15:3 — “Just and true are Your ways, King of saints.”
 
Back
Top