Hello

"I'm curious why give the Holy Spirit to guide one"

I put a lot of thought into that. I think whatever it is, in its deeply nuanced, synchronistic way, it's trying to tell me that I deviated way off the set course. I did make a lot of changes to improve my situation in life. I did feel like a human ash tray and was not satisfied with that course and I think god took exception to that.
Hi @planet2146 ️I've gotta jump in to say, that's how improvement works. I'm with you on the ashtray part. But as my morning radio preacher says, there is a difference between punishment and chastisement. It's easy for me to say years later, but it's like the pain of extra reps. From a basic Christian standpoint, a cross is freaking heavy.

"Know one thing and that is scripture is nice to quote"

Are you saying quoting scripture is only suppose to work for someone who is of deep faith, but not for a heathen like me? That reasoning is probably why so many people don't even bother with religion. One probably feels like it is an insult to god to even try.
1) I think the op made grammatical errors, but the gist is there.
2) Are you a Viking perchance? I'm only in half humor mode.
3) Back to your contemplations. I've retyped and had to meditate for a moment on this because I know what you are talking about. ... Eh, stream of consciousness...
If there is anything God and man agree on is that hypocrisy shall not stand. Three are plenty of axioms in slang about this, and I even used an app to make sure I use the proper terminology here, but that is precisely why the Atonement of Christ, the reconciliation of humanity to God through sacrifice, is paramount. It takes the power of God to manifest our ultimate potential.

Some people gave up well before this beautiful planet was ready for Adam & Eve.
Some people give up from lack of understanding. Which reminds me...
I think of the wisdom in Saint James 1:5. (I'm using the Literal Standard Version btw)

5 And if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask from God, who is giving to all generously, and not reproaching, and it will be given to him;
6 but let him ask in faith, doubting nothing, for he who is doubting has been like a wave of the sea, driven by wind and tossed;
7 for do not let that man suppose that he will receive anything from the LORD—
8 a soul-split man [is] unstable in all his ways.

That right there. Doubt versus faith. Expect God to respond.
I have tried - one too many times - to avoid Jesus Christ due to my own imperfections and audacity, and Judas Iscariot types. I used to think The God Above all gods would tire of me, for getting tired of trying to obey His commands (like a proper created child of The Most Holy Creator). That's where the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ comes in. He is our Mediator of justice and mercy, Our Redeemer, our Savior.

When people realize there is something more to the perpetuation of life... I say there is peace in knowing it is Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

[end of rant line]

PostScript: I just read this fresh and totally essential part.
 
Last edited:
May Jesus fill us with his love and wisdom and maybe a little humor too.

I know that there are some people out there that believe that God has everything predestined, and it really doesn't matter what you do all your life. That it's already been figured out and you can just do whatever you want because God's going to take you to Paradise or not.

The only thing I wonder about on all that is what it says in the scripture. Why does God need to judge us if it's already been predetermined?
 
May Jesus fill us with his love and wisdom and maybe a little humor too.

I know that there are some people out there that believe that God has everything predestined, and it really doesn't matter what you do all your life. That it's already been figured out and you can just do whatever you want because God's going to take you to Paradise or not.

The only thing I wonder about on all that is what it says in the scripture. Why does God need to judge us if it's already been predetermined?
Bill, did you ever play with toys and you made the situation out to whatever you wanted it to be?
 
May Jesus fill us with his love and wisdom and maybe a little humor too.

I know that there are some people out there that believe that God has everything predestined, and it really doesn't matter what you do all your life. That it's already been figured out and you can just do whatever you want because God's going to take you to Paradise or not.

The only thing I wonder about on all that is what it says in the scripture. Why does God need to judge us if it's already been predetermined?
Philippians 2:13
 
Bill won't answer my questions because he knows we are god's toys Philippians 2:13
You must be a believer in Jesus Christ as your Savior then! Alleluia!
That’s what the context suggests to me, even if the description you have used comes across as a bit crude, for it naturally requires the individuals’ actions to be freely given in order to be valid. Otherwise, you are not a servant of the Lord, but merely a tool of the adversary, spreading discord. No middle ground in this battle. Choose whose side you will take. (Joshua 24:15, Matthew 12:30)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC/Moderator
Nick
\o/
 
Bill, did you ever play with toys and you made the situation out to whatever you wanted it to be?
May Jesus fill us with his love and wisdom

I didn't answer you because I've been busy. As my wife and I had been in a automobile accident a few months ago and we're still working on recovering from it.

I didn't create my toys. And I didn't make them to respond on their own either. My toys would be inanimate objects.

We on the other hand have a conscious mind and can choose to do what we want. We can either choose to love God with our hearts or not, and we can choose to love our neighbors as ourselves or not.

You didn't answer my question either. Why does God need to judge if it's predestined?
 
May Jesus fill us with his love and wisdom

I didn't answer you because I've been busy. As my wife and I had been in a automobile accident a few months ago and we're still working on recovering from it.

I didn't create my toys. And I didn't make them to respond on their own either. My toys would be inanimate objects.

We on the other hand have a conscious mind and can choose to do what we want. We can either choose to love God with our hearts or not, and we can choose to love our neighbors as ourselves or not.

You didn't answer my question either. Why does God need to judge if it's predestined?
"You didn't answer my question either. Why does God need to judge if it's predestined?"

Thats what I was eluding to with us being gods toys. Gods plan does prevail, Proverbs 19:21. So this means that no matter what our own personal plan is, it is gods predestined plan that prevails. I dont like it either Bill.
 
You must be a believer in Jesus Christ as your Savior then! Alleluia!
That’s what the context suggests to me, even if the description you have used comes across as a bit crude, for it naturally requires the individuals’ actions to be freely given in order to be valid. Otherwise, you are not a servant of the Lord, but merely a tool of the adversary, spreading discord. No middle ground in this battle. Choose whose side you will take. (Joshua 24:15, Matthew 12:30)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC/Moderator
Nick
\o/
I want nothing to do with the adversary, I think it is a coward and very prideful. I may sound crude but when something is invisible and coincidences are profound and you want no part of it and you ask god to free you from the tribulation and he does nothing, you might sound a little crude. You might also think it is god himself pulling to strings.
 
I want nothing to do with the adversary, I think it is a coward and very prideful. I may sound crude but when something is invisible and coincidences are profound and you want no part of it and you ask god to free you from the tribulation and he does nothing, you might sound a little crude. You might also think it is god himself pulling to strings.
If you are not with Jesus the Son of God, then by default you are on the adversary's side. As Jesus said from the verse of Matthew 12:30, you are either for Him, in which He is gathering all for the Kingdom of God or you are doing the reverse by ones very actions/words, when even ones passivity, means you are against Him.

So, you can't say, I don't want to play these games, because I don't actually have a choice in what I should believe. Sadly, by doing so, you have already chosen who you will follow.

With the Love in Christ Jesus.
YBIC/Moderator
Nick
\o/
 
Greetings friend,

and you ask god to free you from the tribulation

How many times I have done that over the years, being a slow learner!

The answer is to desire to be an overcomer, to accept His graceful help amidst tribulation. It's a game changer!!

Peace, in and through the storm.

He does indeed provide us with all our needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus.

Start by giving thanks for the place you are in, knowing He is able to be glorified in the majesty of you being an overcomer. Many think that's crazy, giving thanks when everything is yuck. But His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Honestly.

Give thanks some more and more. It's a life changer. Remember you need a smack in the face in order to turn the other cheek.

Do you have children? Even friends or relatives you love? Do you want them weak in character or strong? I know a father would desire for his children to be unmovable in soundness of mind and would be happy to mentor his children to allow them to grow.


We all face crappy tribulations but I know nobody who I'd want to swap crosses with nor any who'd want mine.

Be still, know God in times of trial, draw close to Him and He'll draw close to you.

We need seasons in our life. Don't get caught up blaming God. That's buying into the darkness the satan adversary tries to tempt us with. No. Give thanks. It's like spraying fly spray up the devils nose!

You've been called to be a light.

Light is most useful where?


Bless you ....><>
 
Back
Top