From the OP:
Hi everyone. I'm a Christian struggling with what I believe is scrupulosity/religious OCD,
"OCD" is a label. A label is a representation of a package of beliefs. When one appropriates the label, one is obliged to accept the whole package that goes along with it. This is something you want to avoid because Satan loves to "kitchen sink" the issue to get you to accept those other wicked aspects of such a worldly-labeled package...
and I'm terrified I've committed the unforgivable sin. I need help and I don't know where else to turn.
Well, such confusion does arise for most when they are confronted with a full frontal assault of the spiritual. That's because we haven't been taught how to fight the good fight. We don't know how to properly wield our spiritual weaponry. At the least, Satan wants to guilt-trip you so you'll feel condemned instead of convicted and thus won't be a threat to him.
I was born into a family that practiced idolatry. But thank God, when I was 5 years old, I had a dream where Jesus stood on the territory of my family's idolatry and said that after I die, I can be with Him.
Ok, this is one major open door to the demonic in your life. The one in authority over you (i.e. your parent(s)) allowed that spirit, ignorantly or otherwise, into your family. And until someone steps in and closes the door to those spirits, they will continue to torment you in your generations. Ideally, Satan wants the next generation, as well i.e. your as yet unborn children. Go to prayer, confess the sin of idolatry/witchcraft as your own, repent (turn away) from it, renounce it. Ask for forgiveness, and also forgive your parents and all others involved in that sin. This restores your right standing before a Creator God. Now you have the full authority through Jesus Christ to command that spirit of witchcraft to GET OUT of your life.
While in a deliverance ministry, I have found that most ppl are not aware of the reality of generational spirits, familial spirits, that have been given the right to rule. An innocent victim can be and will be violated by unclean spirits if that victim's up-line is satanically empowered. If no one steps in to close the open (sin) door, then those under the authority of that person, to whatever degree, will suffer.
We've all heard the factoid that if one's father is a drunkard, then his children are 20 times more likely to become drunkards, also. That's the spirit of drunkenness coming down the family line, all because the one who was in a position of authority to stop that unclean spirit, did not do so. These spirits prefer to remain in a family line, as they continue to learn a lot about your rellies. They know a lot about your father, your grandfather, your great grandfather; they know a lot about how you spend your fun hour.
Years later, I was called by the Lord, I repented, and I was born again by the Holy Spirit. The Lord sent an angel to fight spiritual warfare for me. I was being led very well by the Holy Spirit.
You must shift from being a student to being a workman. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” You must appropriate the authority that the Lord has vested in you to effect your world for him. This means practicing with your Sword. First we crawl, then we walk, then we run...
Until this July. I had a vivid dream where an angel of the Lord said that the Father loves me and that I will attend a glorious banquet in the future (I can't say more about this). When I woke up, I searched AI and found that this term does exist in the Bible. So I went back to sleep.
When you choose to align your free will choice with AI (i.e. trust AI for an answer), you will also render to AI. You would have been correctly served if you would have searched the Holy Bible rather than the world's AI. No man can serve two masters.
After I fell asleep, this spirit reminded me that I didn't know how serious this matter was — that I seaake all thoughts captive to Christ.rched AI — and warned me not to tell anyone around me. I was terrified and said I wouldn't tell anyone.
Are you aware that fear is a devil (aka demon)? For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7). You can cast out that foul spirit the same as any other.
That same night, the demonic dreams started. Evil spirits pretending to be my idol-worshipping family members, doing idolatrous activities in my old home. Every single night. I started waking up 3-4 times every night. Eventually I couldn't sleep at all. Sleep jerks.
Satan hates losing territory he's held previously. EXPECT an increase or re-attempts to bring you back into bondage. It's one way you can read the loser. But don't fret over it. "When in doubt, whip it out" (i.e. rebuking in Jesus' name).
Then 2 weeks later, intrusive blasphemous thoughts against the Holy Spirit appeared in my mind. I didn't want to blaspheme. I fought hard against them. But the thoughts just kept coming.
Take all thoughts captive to Christ (2 Cor. 10). Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
One time, I was busy at work, exhausted, and without thinking, I mumbled a blasphemous word against the Holy Spirit out loud. I didn't mean it. I didn't want to say it. I hate it. But now I'm terrified I've committed the unforgivable sin.
No biggie; simply confess it before The King.
Right now I feel like I'm in a wilderness. The Lord isn't answering me. I feel alone. And that time when I said it out loud — it was because the devil would not stop pushing blasphemous thoughts into my mind. I didn't want to say it. I was fighting it. But it came out. I'm terrified.
Satan wants to keep you in that state of bondage - do you see that? It's a trick. Don't buy into it.
I told my local pastor, but he doesn't want to help me — he thinks my situation is too complicated.
That is the sad state of evangelical pastors today. Rather, YOU have been given a direct line to The Boss himself, so USE IT.
I wish the Lord sees my struggle today.
He sees everything. He knows your struggle better than you do. But he will not violate your free will choice, so it's up to you to choose wisely!
Satan is a supernatural creature who has knowledge about what God has ordained for your life. Satan works hard to 1) prevent you from confessing Jesus Christ as your Saviour. If that fails, then 2) Satan works hard at preventing you from walking in your calling.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made, created in the image of God. This is why you are Satan's Enemy #1 - YOU are the prize! Satan can't hurt God, but he can hurt God's creation. Don't let him. The spiritual armor of a believer is never to be removed.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Intrusive blasphemous thoughts, saying something out loud without meaning to, demonic dreams related to family idolatry? How did you get through this? I'm really scared. Please help.
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. ( John 4:18)
Father God, I believe that Jesus is your Son who was crucified and rose from the dead, paying the price for my sins. I come to you now seeking your deliverance from devils that are attacking me. I confess that I have broken your Law by assenting to the spirit of fear and making choices that do not honor you. My sins are out of control and I am powerless to stop the consequences. I hate my sins and I willfully turn from them now. Please forgive me and give me the strength to continue to resist. Please show me where I or others have allowed devils to torment me, show me the open doors in my life, so that I can confess them, shut them, repent/turn from them, and forgive everyone involved. In Jesus' name I pray this, amen.