Open Talk Jesus in Safari, then follow these four steps.
Missing the Home Screen action? Look under Edit Actions. If you opened this page inside another app, first open it in Safari.
Apple’s installation guide ↗You can do nothing, BUT
Scan with your phone’s camera.
Amen to that.But everything I do proves my salvation !
Aye, my social media algorithm is full of street preacher encounters featuring this inevitable situation.I happen to be studying the book of James these days. It seems to say that saving faith is evidenced by works. If someone thinks they believe and are saved yet there is no change in their sinful life, they should fearfully examine their faith.
I can do nothing to earn my salvation!
But everything I do proves my salvation !
We are grieved by the things of the flesh that we do (thanks to the indwelling Holy Spirit). In an indirect way that proves our salvation.Sounds correct but its not entirely true. The best of us can be so full of mistakes.
As Paul says in Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Sounds correct but its not entirely true. The best of us can be so full of mistakes.
As Paul says in Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I
Life transformation happens when a person receives the grace of God, look at Paul his life went from killing believers in Christ to being the number one evangelist for Christ.
you taking that verse out of context
It seems to me that there are many things we need to do to earn our salvation, Matthew 7:24-29, Matthew 16:27, Matthew 25, 31-46, Luke 18:24-25, Luke 19:1-10, in fact it seems to me that much of Christs Ministry was spent telling those that would follow him and call him Lord and Saviour what they needed to do to receive SalvationI can do nothing to earn my salvation!
But everything I do proves my salvation !
Praise Jesus
No disagreement on a life transformation.
It seems to me that there are many things we need to do to earn our salvation, Matthew 7:24-29, Matthew 16:27, Matthew 25, 31-46, Luke 18:24-25, Luke 19:1-10, in fact it seems to me that much of Christs Ministry was spent telling those that would follow him and call him Lord and Saviour what they needed to do to receive Salvation
And how can any of us "know" that we are saved when Christ talks of the "many " that will profess his name, cast out Devils and do many wondrous acts and he will say to them "I know you not", Matthew 7:21-23, Luke 13: 23-30.
It seems to me that we walk a constant tightrope between Salvation and condemnation and that where we fall is highly dependent on our professed Faith, our "Talents", and what actions we do with them. Matthew 25:14-30.
Dave, I like your concept here but, if I were you, I would expand "but everything I do proves my salvation" statement. I understand where you are headed with this, and I understand your intention, but not everything that we do proves our salvation. Everything we do in the power of God and by faith in the Lord Jesus in obedience to our Lord proves our salvation. For how we live, in obedience to our Lord, gives evidence to the fact that our salvation is of God and that it is not of the flesh. Or how we live, in general, proves whether or not our salvation is genuine, of God. Our actions speak louder than words. Or our actions prove whether or not our words are genuine. Just sharing something I think may be of help. Thank you for what you shared! I am in agreement with you. SueI can do nothing to earn my salvation!
But everything I do proves my salvation !
Praise Jesus